Support/Owner Help/Insurance

Do I need a separate insurance card to rent my car out?

posted this on March 27, 2012 09:29

During a reservation, the RelayRides insurance policy is active. Please make sure your registration, your personal insurance card, and the relevant RelayRides insurance card are in the vehicle, accessible to your renter during the reservation. If there is an incident during a reservation period, the renter and any third parties should look to the RelayRides insurance ID card. The number for claims reporting is located on the back. 

The RelayRides insurance card does not satisfy states' "Financial Responsibility" requirements, and cannot be used to register your car.  Furthermore, neither of these cards may be used for New York vehicles (i.e., for vehicles that are registered or whose home location is New York State).

State laws vary; in California, Oregon and Washington, personal car sharing legislation requires that your RelayRides insurance ID card be included in the vehicle. 

Please note that there are two different insurance cards -- one for Arizona, and one for the other 48 states (excluding New York). Please ensure that you have the correct card for your state. 

Topic is closed for comments